1. Why do you want to work here?
2. What learning theories have informed your teaching?
3. What do you see as the strengths and weaknesses of a collaborative environment both in the classroom and among the faculty?
4. Students have difficulty being in class, reading the assigned material, and doing good work. What do you do to motivate them to show up, read, and do their best?
5. How do you account for the diversity of styles for reading, writing, and abstract thinking in your classroom?
6. How do you stay current on theories and research?
7. Do you have any questions for us?
My questions for them:
1. This (fill in a long blank) is the picture I have gotten of your students. Is that accurate or not? In what ways could you fill in the gaps to make my picture clearer?
2. Why do you like working at the school?
The best part of the interview was probably that they love their jobs. Two had worked there for 16+ years. Two had worked there for 5. The others didn’t say.
I enjoyed the interview. I hope they did as well.