The CFP is at UPenn.
It is due September 6th.
The conference is in Canada, next June.
The conference aims to foster productive interdisciplinary exchanges on the nexus of values with literature and rhetoric, broadly conceived. Conference organizers will accept 300-word proposals on topics that include, but need not be limited to, the following:
* literature, rhetoric, disinterestedness
* anatomies of value: embodiment in literature and rhetoric
* literature, rhetoric, and “the good life”
* literature, rhetoric, and “the digital life”
* poetic justice: literature, rhetoric, and law
* popular literature, popular rhetoric, popular values?
* “global” literature and “globalized” values
Send proposals for panels or individual papers by 6 September 2010 to the “Literature, Rhetoric, and Values” Conference Committee at the Department of English Language and Literature, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1, or email them to [email protected]
For you rhetoricians out there, here’s a good conference. Carolyn R. Miller of NCSU is a keynote speaker.