The Beloit College Mindset List reminds us that they are VERY different.
1. Few in the class know how to write in cursive.
18. Fergie is a pop singer, not a princess.
19. They never twisted the coiled handset wire aimlessly around their wrists while chatting on the phone.
20. DNA fingerprinting and maps of the human genome have always existed.
55. Rock bands have always played at presidential inaugural parties.
68. They have never worried about a Russian missile strike on the U.S.
The list includes 75 ways that the students are different from the profs. Though not all the profs (meaning me) have a clue what all the notes mean.
For me, the most confusing was the list of people who have always been dead, before the list even started. Sure, I know who Sam Walton is. But some of the others? Not so much.