Update: I know nothing about these people, I just received an email. However, it sounded like something that would be worth looking into for folks who are on their own and looking for work for themselves or their grad students.
Currently, we are working hand in hand with several local Korean government agencies to recruit qualified teachers from the United States.
Since 2007, AST as nonprofit organization has been focusing on cultivating global talent for education, and representing American teachersâ€™ right in South Korea. As an effort from our office staffs, all 1200 schools which are involved in Gyeong-gi Do and other cities from elementary schools to high schools have hired over 600 English speaking teachers from the United States.
From this fall semester 2012, over 200 teachers from the United States has been participated in our program in South Korea. YouÂ may contact our teachers through AST Facebook page.
Please apply our teaching program if you interested in.
September 20 2012
Teaching English program 2013-2014
The main goal of the teachers chosen for this program will be teach native Korean students (1st-12th grade) conversational English in South Korea.
1. Native speaker of English
2. Clean criminal background check from F.B.I.
(1) Bachelorâ€™s degree from 4 years college/university in the United States.
(2) Applicants who willing to accept Korean culture.
4. Applicants who will get higher salary,
(1) Bachelorâ€™s degree â€“ major in English, Education, or Communication.
(2) Masterâ€™s degree in any fields. (University position requirement)
(3) TESOL, TEFL, or teaching certificate.
(4) One or more yearsâ€™ full time teaching experience.
5. Basic salary: $1,600 ~ $2,200 USD per month depending on education background and teaching experience.
6. Other benefits.
1) Airfare (round trip).
2) Housing (fully furnished including TV set).
3) Compulsory Medical Insurance.
4) Annual Bonus (One month salary).
5)Â All theÂ income tax, refundable.
7. Position opening (One year contract)
(1) Period: February/March 2013 â€“ February/March 2014
(2) Deadline: November 10th 2012
Send resume: [email protected]