I am scheduled for a digital storytelling class next week and I am still trying to decide if I am going to show up. (How’s that for lame? Why would I sign up if I am not going to go?)
I want to go because
1. This is tech I assign and I have used myself, but the subject area is supposed to be a bit different.
2. There will be folks from other departments there and I don’t know many people on campus.
3. I might get something useful out of it.
I don’t want to go because
1. It is scheduled for three days of my very limited 24-day break.
2. One of those days is the day my eldest needs to be retrieved from college and I like to go get him so that I get a chance to talk to him.
3. I know how to use the technology and I am not sure what it will teach me new.
I am still vacillating on whether or not I will go.